1/3 of our lives is spent sleeping and research shows a great night's sleep will give you more energy and better awareness to face the day to day load we all experience. We at bosmithfurniture.com have found some great sleep aid tips listed below that will give you the best night's sleep possible.
Tips for a better night's sleep!
Here are some time-proven ideas from the National Sleep Foundation (NSF):
1. Avoid stressful activities before going to bed. Trying to solve a business problem or paying bills right before bedtime may amp up your anxiety levels, preventing you from falling asleep.
2. Limit alcoholic drinks. Alcohol may make you feel sleepy. But the NSF counters that alcohol has a "rebound" effect that can cause troubled sleep.
3. Eat your evening meal well before (at least two or three hours) going to bed. The NSF says a heavy meal eaten shortly before bedtime can lead to a restless night, especially with spicy foods.
4. Keep a regular sleep schedule. The NSF says making sure you maintain a regular wake-sleep cycle will strengthen your circadian rhythms and assist in maximizing your sleep at night.
5. Relax before "hitting the sack." You don't have to meditate (although it might help). Listening to relaxing music, reading a story (not a business journal), or a warm bath before bed can release stress and transition your body and mind to a place where you can enjoy a good night's sleep.
From a weekly article for memebers of www.ETRSuccess.com
Check out our line up of Memory Foam Topper Mattress Sets. Memory foam will cradle your body placing it in it's natural position for more comfort allowing you to fall a sleep faster.